Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just me and my monkey


I am back in the Gong after a couple of very long days ‘out in the field’, which is the endearing term used for visiting our projects ‘at the implementation level’, to use some jargon. As expected, ‘field work’ is loads of things. Exciting, challenging, confronting, dirty, funny, outstanding for my Bangla, and a bit like being in a zoo.

What I must say though is how damn cute kids are when they are half terrified, half consumed by curiosity for you, and you can't understand anything they say. I became great mates with these guys over the day I was at their (extremely poor) village, and much fun was had taking pics and showing them what they looked like on the digital camera screen. This is, hands down, the most fun I have had in Bangladesh so far.

As an aside - wow, I blend in well, don't I?



No comments: